FCM VISION STATEMENT
FCM will be the organizing center and resource for local faith communities which are birthed, attended, and/or facilitated by FCM members.
- From The FCM Strategic Plan
FCM Group Membership
The Federation of Christian Ministries offers individual membership and group membership. Group membership includes faith communities, churches, and service groups. To apply for group membership, the group must have at least one active FCM member who will be the liaison with FCM.
BENEFITS OF FCM GROUP MEMBERSHIP
- Retain the independence of your existing local faith community or group.
- Retain all your members, practices, ministries, and plans.
- Become part of a growing national ministerial faith community.
- Gain the opportunity to network and share with many other local faith communities.
- List your organization on the FCM website as a Group Member (optional).
- Be listed in the FCM National Directory under Group Members (optional).
- Receive a copy of the FCM Newsletter for news of individuals and group members.
- Utilize the FCM National Registry for baptisms, weddings, and funerals (for commissioned ministers).
- Choose to be listed as a church when FCM becomes a convention of churches.
- Nominate and vote for your regional FCM Vice President for representation on the Circle of Directors.
- Attend and participate in FCMs annual National Assembly.
- Be part of a larger grass roots ministerial movement across the U.S.
- Enable group members to apply as individual member(s) of FCM (optional):
a. Eligible to be commissioned to function as a minister to meet civil requirements (e.g., to officiate at weddings)
b. If commissioned, eligible to be endorsed for chaplaincy, pastoral counseling, and/or clinical education.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR GROUP MEMBERSHIP
- The lead person of the faith community or group submits an Application to the regional FCM Vice President requesting group membership, describing the group, and their desire for FCM membership.
A check for membership dues made out to FCM is included:
¬¢ $50 if the group has 50 or fewer members which includes 1 vote in FCM elections.
¬¢ $95 if the group has 51-100 members which includes 2 votes in FCM elections.
¬¢ $135 if the group has more than 100 members which includes 3 votes in FCM elections.
- After acceptance, the group receives a letter and an FCM certificate confirming their group membership in FCM.
- FCM recommends that the FCM certificate be presented to the group at a local ceremony, if possible.
Please apply for FCM Group membership by one of the following 2 ways:
1. Send Application Form By Mail: Download PDF
2. Fill Out The Application Form Below.