Becoming a FCM Faith Community
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Faith Community Member of FCM.
Faith Communities of FCM are defined by the Biblical concept that where two or more are gathered in Christ’s name, God is present. The FCM Constitution states “Like the early Christian communities, we believe that the people of God, whenever and wherever they gather, are church.” Faith Communities are people coming together to find common ground for common good, to grow spiritually, to be inspired, and to be of service to one another and others.
FCM Faith Communities of all types join in our common mission of inclusive ministries. In addition, they embrace FCM’s core values of Belonging, Compassion, Empowerment, Equity, and Mindful Living.
The benefits of becoming a FCM Faith Community member include:
• Becoming part of a growing national ministerial faith community.
• Gaining the opportunity to network and share with other faith communities including working jointly on
social justice issues and mission projects; sharing liturgical, program, and experiential resources; and
combining resources for retreats and other events.
• Using the FCM Realm system for communication and networking with FCM members and faith communities.
• Accessing resources and information only available to FCM Faith Communities.
• Gaining characteristics used by the IRS to be recognized as a church.
• Listing your faith community on the FCM website and in the FCM National Directory (optional).
• Nominating and voting for your regional FCM Vice President for representation on the Circle of Directors.
• Guidance for leadership development.
• All community members can attend and participate in FCM’s bi-annual National Assembly.
As a FCM Faith Community, you retain the independence of your existing local faith community including the independence of all your members, practices, ministries, and plans.
FCM Faith Communities are expected to abide by FCM’s Constitution, Bylaws, Professional Practice Policy, and Standards of Ethics.
To remain an active Faith Community member an annual report must be completed between September 1 and November 30.
Each Faith Community member is encouraged to apply as an individual member of FCM.
To become a FCM Faith Community member, a representative of the faith community submits an application by clicking on the button below.
• Please note that the application will request a description of the community and reasons for wanting to be
a FCM Community of Faith.
• It also asks that a liaison between the community and FCM be named if they are not the representative
completing the application. FCM recommends that the liaison be an FCM member.
• The email address used must be different from that of any other FCM member’s email on Realm.
The first membership fee is paid when submitting the application based on the size of your community. Membership fees can be waived for cause.
● $50 if the faith community has 50 or fewer members
• $95 if the faith community has 51-100 members
• $135 if the faith community has more than 100 members
After acceptance, the representative of the faith community receives a letter and a certificate confirming their faith community membership in FCM.
For questions about beginning a FCM Faith Community, completing the application or waiving membership fees, please contact the Chair of Faith Committees ator (216) 744-7704.