FCM Faith Community Membership
The Federation of Christian Ministries offers individual membership and group membership. Group membership includes faith communities, churches, and service groups. To apply for group membership, the group must have at least one member who will be the liaison with FCM.
BENEFITS OF FCM FAITH COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP
1. Retain the independence of your existing local faith community or group.
2. Retain all your members, practices, ministries, and plans.
3. Become part of a growing national ministerial faith community.
4. Gain the opportunity to network and share with many other local faith communities.
5. List your organization on the FCM website as a Faith Community Member (optional).
6. Be listed in the FCM National Directory under Faith Community Member (optional).
7. Receive a copy of the FCM Newsletter for news of individuals and group members.
8. Utilize the FCM National Registry for baptisms, weddings, and funerals (for commissioned ministers).
9. Choose to be listed as a church.
10. Nominate and vote for your regional FCM Vice President for representation on the Circle of Directors.
11. Attend and participate in FCMs bi-annual National Assembly.
12. Be part of a larger grass roots ministerial movement across the U.S.
13. Enable Faith Community members to apply as individual member(s) of FCM (optional):
14 a. Eligible to be commissioned to function as a minister to meet civil requirements (e.g., to officiate at
15 b. If commissioned, eligible to be endorsed for chaplaincy, pastoral counseling, and/or clinical education.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR
FAITH COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP
1. The lead person of the faith community or group submits an Application to the regional FCM Vice
President requesting faith community membership, describing the community, and their desire for
2. Payment for membership dues made online:
3. $50 if the faith community has 50 or fewer members which includes 1 vote in FCM elections.
4. $95 if the faith community has 51-100 members which includes 2 votes in FCM elections.
5. $135 if the faith community has more than 100 members which includes 3 votes in FCM elections.
6. After acceptance, the faith community receives a letter and an FCM certificate confirming their faith
community membership in FCM.
7. FCM recommends that the FCM certificate be presented to the faith community at a local ceremony,